Followers

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Altered decoupaged Birdhouse using Bob n Betty Roseate

Namaste Guys

The Roseate collection is so amazing the color combinations and the prints and all the elements are just gorgeous. 



I wanted to do something very fun and shabby chic with it so I chose to alter a birdhouse. This is what it looked like before I altered it.


I didn't opt to paint over it as the papers are very nice and thick and don't need any surface preparation. I did clean it thoroughly with wet cloth and dried it. I also got rid of the base in the front it was sort of not working out with the look I wanted. 
I cut the papers down to size to fit the walls and the roof and decoupage them using mod podge. I also used some distress ink in walnut stain to add a finishing to the edges. 
There are so many events for fussy cutting so I didn't need a lot of extra elements. I fussy cut the flowers and leaves and made arrangements. Adding them using silicone glue in order to create some dimension. 

No comments:

Post a Comment