Followers

Saturday, May 4, 2013

DIY SHADOW BOX

    I have developed a recent love for Shadow Boxes!!! Shadow Boxes are basically frames or boxes  they hold little curios or objects sometimes miniature furniture the options are unlimited.

You can buy these shadow boxes and they look like this



OR YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN LIKE I DID!!!

here is what i did i took an old box that my cellphone had come in , i don't throw away anything i pride myself for being a green crafter and over this series you will see how i recycled many things i had collected.
This is how the box looked its 8"x 6" which was perfect!!

1. i began with marking a square grid bordering the box flap, in order to cut out a window for my shadow box. Hope you can see the pencil lines..




2. Here is how it looks opened up..


3. Next i started cutting the lines that i had drawn using a metal ruler and a craft knife.. I prefer a metal ruler as they are more rigid and for some reason i always end u slicing my plastic ones making them useless for future use you are free to use any means of cutting your comfortable with.

here, it is cut up..


Here, is how the front is going to look..
Tada you have your very own Shadow box !! Happy Decorating

Hugs and kisses
Ciao
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment